Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer.. Urgent

Hello
    I've got selected in a company B and they have filed my H1B visa transfer thru Visa consultants in Premium processing.I've given notice to my current company A and today is my last working day. Could you pls let me know how long does it usually take to get the receipt so that I can start working in the mew company B. Does it affect if I stay idle without a job during this process.
    Thanks a lot, your reply is appreciated
    rgds
    sammy

Usually you get the receipt within 7-10 days of filing the petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Stay idle during transfer

Hi
      Thanks for the reply. does the transfer process affect if i stay idle until i get the receipt..?Will they doing any background check..?

Comment

It won't affect your filed petition (Unless there is an RFE for the very latest pay slip). However, you should be working with your previous employer until you get the transfer receipt number. When you are in H1B, you need to be working and get paid.

Originally posted by soumya6n View Post
        Hi
        Thanks for the reply. does the transfer process affect if i stay idle until i get the receipt..?Will they doing any background check..?

Comment

Already left the job

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          It won't affect your filed petition (Unless there is an RFE for the very latest pay slip). However, you should be working with your previous employer until you get the transfer receipt number. When you are in H1B, you need to be working and get paid.
          Hi
          Thanks for the reply.But I've already left my job.I would probably be getting my recepit num in this week.But is this ok..? I'm worried ..Pls let me know what might happen to the transfer..
          Thanks a lot for your reply in adv

Comment

Until you get your transfer receipt, you cannot work for the new employer. No one can predict what will happen to the transfer. That depends on the documents submitted to USCIS.

Originally posted by soumya6n View Post
            Hi
            Thanks for the reply.But I've already left my job.I would probably be getting my recepit num in this week.But is this ok..? I'm worried ..Pls let me know what might happen to the transfer..
            Thanks a lot for your reply in adv

Comment

Hi

Did you get your receipt and how much time it took to get the receipt. Best of luck with your H1 transfer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X