Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extend ????????????urgent

Hi,

My visa is getting expire on 20th august 2010, till now i never been to USA, now my employer has given me chance to go to US . But im running with short period like only 4 months valid visa is there.

If i want to stay back in US after August what i need to do? if i need to extend my visa, when and how i need to go about in this regard. Is there any possibility if my job is still there and want to continue in any manner will i get extension from my employer or any other possibilities.

I heard that i need to file H1B again in coming year if i want to stay in US. but from august 2010 to till April 2011(between time) where i need to be there, do i need to go back to India or can i file it any time before my visa gets expire.

Whatever you heard in the last paragraph, is wrong.
    Once you are here, and then in august 2010, your employer can apply for h1 extension. Here, no need to wait till august. You can apply 3-4months in advance.
    You are already h1 approved, so, no need to wait till next april. You can stay in USA, 3 + 3yrs. And whatever time you spent outside of US during this time, you can reclaim that time also. So, logically, for e.g. if you are landing here on 1-May-2010 then after August 1, 2010, you should be able to extend your stay for another 69months with valid project and other stuffs.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]
    Originally posted by udg View Post
    Hi,

My visa is getting expire on 20th august 2010, till now i never been to USA, now my employer has given me chance to go to US . But im running with short period like only 4 months valid visa is there.

If i want to stay back in US after August what i need to do? if i need to extend my visa, when and how i need to go about in this regard. Is there any possibility if my job is still there and want to continue in any manner will i get extension from my employer or any other possibilities.

I heard that i need to file H1B again in coming year if i want to stay in US. but from august 2010 to till April 2011(between time) where i need to be there, do i need to go back to India or can i file it any time before my visa gets expire.
    Last edited by milda; 03-29-2010, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Thxu, if my employer is not ready to extend my H1,

Thanku,

What if my employer is not willing to do extension of H1B, then what is the alternate solution, if i want to stay back in US.

My employer has given a letter to enter in to US, which is required in Port-of-entry now. But i need to find out my job on my own. If at all i get any job, my employer will tie up with that vendor for some % and i will be on his payrolls.

This is my situation , please guide me in different possible ways to stay and continue my job.

As i never been to US all these days , how can i show my documents for these 3 years in the time of extension of H1.
      Provide me some contact number , so that i can approach them to know more information in this regard.

Thanks
      Uma

Comment

Answered in your previous post.
        http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74186

Originally posted by udg View Post
        Thanku,

What if my employer is not willing to do extension of H1B, then what is the alternate solution, if i want to stay back in US.

My employer has given a letter to enter in to US, which is required in Port-of-entry now. But i need to find out my job on my own. If at all i get any job, my employer will tie up with that vendor for some % and i will be on his payrolls.

This is my situation , please guide me in different possible ways to stay and continue my job.

As i never been to US all these days , how can i show my documents for these 3 years in the time of extension of H1.
        Provide me some contact number , so that i can approach them to know more information in this regard.

Thanks
        Uma
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X