H4 stamping (From h1B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping (From h1B)

I am presently having H1 B and i will be resigning my job and going to india. I am planning to come back as H4 (to my wife).
    1. When i go to schedule my appoitment for my H4 stamping, they ask if 1. A Resident of india 2. An indian citizen residing in US.

which one should i choose?

Second option.
    [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice.]
    Originally posted by r_diwa View Post
    I am presently having H1 B and i will be resigning my job and going to india. I am planning to come back as H4 (to my wife).
    1. When i go to schedule my appoitment for my H4 stamping, they ask if 1. A Resident of india 2. An indian citizen residing in US.

which one should i choose?

Comment

You can select option 2. Here is a response to this question when posted to VFS.

++++++++++++

Indian citizens resident in the USA on work permit (Valid H1/L1/O stamped on your passport from India) and applying for a new visa to replace an expiring visa can request an appointment at any of the four visa sections through the link "An Indian citizen resident in the US". The said link will provide you the option to select interview post as per your choice.

In case if the applicant is applying for first H1B visa stamping on his/her passport then he/she should go through the link “A resident of India/Bhutan” and further select his/her state of residence in India to schedule an interview appointment on the VFS website

++++++++++++++
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you!
        I will go for the 2nd option.
        It looks like the option is there to make sure the applicant goes to his right state for applying visa more than anything else. In my case, i am from chennai and i am applying there anyways.

I just got an reply from Vfs too.

"Kindly note if it is for renewal for H 1 B visa stamping you have to select ‘An Indian Citizen resident in USA ’

Note: Since it is a H4 visa you can select “A resident of India / Bhutan ”
        "

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X