I-94 is expiring in Jan 2011 but I have a valid visa up to Sept 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 is expiring in Jan 2011 but I have a valid visa up to Sept 2012

My I-94 is expiring in Jan 2011 but I have a valid visa up to Sept 2012. When I was getting My I-94, my passport validity is up to Jan 2011. I am going to apply new passport this month in NEW YORK embassy and as I live in Philadelphia. Is there anything I can get new I-94 in CBP office somewhere in Philadelphia or New York or New Jersey (Or) do I need to cross the Canada/INDIA border for getting new I-94?

Please review and suggest me the right approach here.

you can try in CBP office. If possible, try in the city where you got current I94. I have heard of some cases where they gave a new I94. It did not work for one of my friend in Denver and he went to Canada , reentered USA and got new I94.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I will definitely try in local CBP office and same location where I got the I-94.

Also can you please let me know the process to get the new I-94 through Canada source? Do I need to go only through International flight or can it be possible to go through Drive too? Please let me know.

Thanks for your time and prompt reply.

Comment

Yes. Visit the last port of entry where you entered with your latest I797. And based on that, they should give you the new I-94.
        [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X