X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent-H1B Visa

Hi All,
    Need you advice ....

I am working for one of the top IT indian company...
    And company has raised H1B visa for me and I have submitted all the required documents....

A doubt came in my mind that in my passport my last name field is blank...
    and Given name include First name and Middle name....

I would like to know will there be any issues while my company file my petition...and if any issues arise what would be the best solution now....

Thanks to all in advance....

It should not be a problem if the name in petition and name in passport are same.
    [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
    Originally posted by aks_2010 View Post

Hi All,
    Need you advice ....

And company has raised H1B visa for me and I have submitted all the required documents....

I would like to know will there be any issues while my company file my petition...and if any issues arise what would be the best solution now....

Comment

Your name in the SSN, Driving license and all other official documents in U.S will be as per the approval notice. So if you want your name to be correct as per records, you need to correct it now (before your go for the stamping).

Originally posted by aks_2010 View Post

Hi All,
      Need you advice ....

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your response....
        Few more queries...
        1.I can go for the correction in Passport before stamping but not now as my petition is already in process of submission.....And will there be any issues If there will be mismatch in petition and passport as my petitin will not be having my surname but my passport will be and eventually Visa also be showing surname...

2.Can I get the name changed in approval notice after making correction in passport?

3.I have heard that if one has FNU in his Visa, then there used to be seroius issues while applying for SSN or other documents?

4.I have some documents like Degree with Surname and 10th,12th without surname....Will there be any issues from approvers on this?I can arrange a affadavit for the same....

Thanks in advance.....

Comment

1. Yes. What you have on the petition does not matter as far as visa is concerend as long as there is a match. Visa will be issued as per name on Passport and not on the petition.
          2. Not necessary unless the name is totally different.
          3. It is a pain with FNU. Google and read about FNU issues.
          4. Doesn't matter as of now as passport will be the official name.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.....
            So could you please advice what is the best option available to me at this point of time apart from adding surname in passport as that is not possible now as my organisation has already started working on my petition....

Thanks in advance......

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X