Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWAI arrest and going to India for stamping

Hi All,

I got a DWAI (Driving while ability impaired) ticket in New York which is not a crime in New York. I was arrested on July 7th, 2018 and y BAC level was 0.07. The final decision was made on Nov, 14th 2018 by the court says and the disposition certificate says

"Defendant pled guilty to Driving While Ability Impaired Sec 1192.1 VTL in full satisfaction of docket. Defendant was sentenced on Nov, 14 2018 as follow: Sentence to Fine $300 & $260 state surcharge, 1yr conditional Discharge, attend Victime Panel program".

I am going to India and will need to go to New Delhi Embassy to get the stamp, what should I answer to the question mentioned in DS-160 form

"Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?"

My current visa stamp was expired in Nov, 2018 so I might be eligible for dropbox.

if I say Yes then what documents I should bring with me, I only have disposition certificate.

Any suggestions, friends?

I'd suggest carrying all court documents. Police Report, Court Disposition, fine payment receipt, etc. Don't leave anything out. Also, please update on your experience once you're back. and make sure you put proper arrest details with VC code in DS-160

Comment

I suggest not to use dropbox to save time because i think (kinda sure) you will be asked for interview because of this. Disposition certificate will be enough and it will be asked by the consular for sure.

Comment

Hi All,

I just wanted to update my situation and ask a question.

I arrived in India on 21st Nov and I submitted my documents in dropbox on 22nd Nov. I received a letter that I need to go for an interview so I went to Delhi Embassy for the VISA interview on Dec 5th. After, telling them all the details about my DWAI arrest they asked me to go to the certified hospital and get the panel physician checkup report. I went to Max Hospital, New Delhi and they said the report will be ready on Monday, Dec 9th. I plan to submit the report along with my passport on the same day (Dec 9th) to Visa Application Office.

My question is that how much time they generally take to issue the VISA (if the report looks good) after submission.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X