DS-160 form Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 form Query

Hi i am planning for H1B visa revalidation stamping visit with family.

In DS160 form i see a question
    "Have you ever been Refused a U.S. visa,been refused admission to the united states, or withdrawn your application for admission at the POE ?"

Before when i went to chennai consulate for fresh H1B interview i had got 221(g) blue form asking for A complete itenery of services,names,address of the actual employer and client location. Upon providing the asked document visa was thru at that time.

Now for the DS160 form when i say "yes" and provide that 221(g) details, will this prompt the VO to put my case again on 221(g) now for Visa Revalidation though having all documents, is my concern. Anyone in the same scenario please share your experiance or views.

I appreciate your prompt replies.

For your past, you just got 221g, it doesn't mean that your visa got cancelled.
    Let me ask you one thing, at that time, did you revoke your h1b or did they cancelled your h1b? If yes, then select yes, otherwise select no.

221g is different and visa refused is different.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]

Comment

Thanks for the reply...My H1b was not revoked and was not cancelled too
      After i submitted the documents asked as per 221g i got my visa...
      So the answer would be "yes" as you said..right?

Comment

No....the answer should be "NO" as your visa has not been rejected any time. You just got the query - 221g, that is not a problem at all, which is very common..

Select "No" as your visa is very clear.

Originally posted by h1brnwlstamp View Post
        Thanks for the reply...My H1b was not revoked and was not cancelled too
        After i submitted the documents asked as per 221g i got my visa...
        So the answer would be "yes" as you said..right?

Comment

Thank you so much.....I got ur point
          Was very informatic n helpful

Comment

221(g) Must be Revealed on Future Visa Applications
            © **** **DotCom
            On the visa application form, each applicant is asked whether or not s/he has ever been refused a visa. The answer to this question is "yes" whenever there has been an INA 221(g) refusal. This is the case even if the matter that created the INA 221(g) refusal was overcome, and the visa was finally issued

Got this news brief from the net and i am confused what to answer for the question below:

"Have you ever been Refused a U.S. visa,been refused admission to the united states, or withdrawn your application for admission at the POE ?"

Before when i went to chennai consulate for fresh H1B interview i had got 221(g) blue form asking for A complete itenery of services,names,address of the actual employer and client location. Upon providing the asked document visa was thru at that time.

Now for the DS160 form when i say "yes" and provide that 221(g) details, will this prompt the VO to put my case again on 221(g) now for Visa Revalidation though having all documents, is my concern. Anyone in the same scenario please share your experiance or views.

Comment

As per my understanding, 221g is not a refusal. It is just a form requesting for more evidence. Talk to VFS helpdesk if you still have questions about this.

221(g) Must be Revealed on Future Visa Applications
              © **** **DotCom
              On the visa application form, each applicant is asked whether or not s/he has ever been refused a visa. The answer to this question is "yes" whenever there has been an INA 221(g) refusal. This is the case even if the matter that created the INA 221(g) refusal was overcome, and the visa was finally issued

Got this news brief from the net and i am confused what to answer for the question below:

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Called the VFS(Chennai) yesterday and they told 221 (g) is not visa refusal and for the question in DS-160

The Answer is "NO" as per VFS Helpdesk Chennai.

Problem is I have said "YES" to this question and submitted and got the confirmation letter...but not yet taken the appointment

Now tat i have messed it up my questions are:

1. Can i resubmit DS-160 making changes to it? ( selecting the "NO" option)
                2. Will I get a new confirmation page?
                3. Can i take appointment using this new confirmation page?
                4. Will I have to carry both pages and explain what happened to the VO Officer?
                5. Will there be a problem because of all this ?

Looking forward for ur help....Please Please Help
                M in great confusion now

Comment

check with vfs help desk again, they will suggest you how to edit the application.

If not possible to edit then cancel and get a new one instead of facing 221g related questions during interview time.

Called the VFS(Chennai) yesterday and they told 221 (g) is not visa refusal and for the question in DS-160

The Answer is "NO" as per VFS Helpdesk Chennai.

Problem is I have said "YES" to this question and submitted and got the confirmation letter...but not yet taken the appointment

Now tat i have messed it up my questions are:

Looking forward for ur help....Please Please Help
                  M in great confusion now

Comment

>>> By all means, yes.

>> Yes.

>> Yes.

>>> The new confirmation is enough. No one will care or ask about the old one.

>>> There will be no issues. This is very comom.

Comment

Thank you so much for all ur replies

I have .dat file saved on my computer

1.Can i use that for making changes ? Uploading it and making changes and resubmitting it to get the new confirmation page

2. Do i need to refill all over again all the information? like i did freshly

Please help

Comment

That' your call. Advisable to do it fresh, so that you don't overlook any mistakes and get into the same situation again.

Thank you so much for all ur replies

I have .dat file saved on my computer

1.Can i use that for making changes ? Uploading it and making changes and resubmitting it to get the new confirmation page

2. Do i need to refill all over again all the information? like i did freshly

Please help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X