Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need info about Lost approval notice, never stamped..What are my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info about Lost approval notice, never stamped..What are my options?

Hi,

My H1B process was started by last employer in 2016 and lottery was picked up and approval notice was received and i got message on uscis like below

07/22/2016

We approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker.

At the same time my husband got L1B and he had to travel to US immediately and I decide to leave my job and travel with him on L2. So H1B was never stamped. Now I am on H4 EAD and my employer is ready to process my H1B. But unfortunately i lost my approval notice. and my employer can only start my H1B stamping process only if I produce my approval notice. I contacted my past employer if they can provide my approval notice but did not get any response from them on that. Following are my questions:

1. Can i recover my approval notice for USCIS by filling i-894 form.
    2. If i employer sent a notice to uscis when i left the company, would it help if i file i-894 form. The latest status that i can see on uscis portal is(copied below), this was after i left company. So my assumption is my employer did convey that to uscis.

"On October 26, 2016, we received your correspondence for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker ...."

Looking for guidance.

Thanks,
    Kamna

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X