Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petition or lottery validity

Dear Experts,

Appreciate if someone could help me with information here.

In 2016 one consultant filed my H1B application, it got picked in April. I haven’t received the petition in December 2016. It was showing validity till December 2017.
    Due to personal situation by that time I was not in a position to go for visa stamping or change my job, that consultant was behind me for a long time asking me to get it stamp and join his firm, but I couldn’t.

April 2018 I received an email from USCIS with subject line “ Case Status Information for Receipt Number: EAC YYYY YYYY XX”. when i logged in i saw below text.

Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It

On April 22, 2018, we received your correspondence for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY XX. We are reviewing your correspondence, and will send you a notice if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So, I contacted that consultant what it is and do I need to take any action, in reply he say that

“Thanks for your email. Your H1b was till 12/31/2017, which date is over, this is just standard process to revoke the expired petition, this email is for that update. It does not impact anything”.
    It would be great help if you could reply on below.
    • As its only 3 years lapsed , does my lottery number still valid for 3 more years and any other employer could file my visa?
    • If I want to pursue a job opportunity at USA what I could do?

Thanks in advance.

Grace P

Last edited by JMDJSS22; 10-02-2019, 02:03 AM.

I am not sure why i am not able to edit my post.

Comment

appreciate a reply , please guide me if its incorrect forum them which forum i should post this or if admin could move it to correct forum.

Regards
      Grace P

Comment

1. You could just google it and find the answer: https://startupimmigrationattorney.com/h1b-cap-after-return-home/

2. You can apply jobs through job listing websites, linkedin, indeed etc

Comment

Thanks, after reading through the first link you shared i am eligible in without cap as i haven't used any time out of 6 years H1B period. But in one of post there its being mentioned that
          ou can use an approved I-140 to get unlimited H1b “extensions” with any employer until the priority date becomes current or the I-140 sponsor revokes the petition.
          does it mean the if the H1B sponsor revoked my petition , i cant use remaining cap exempt period.

Appreciate replies .

Regards
          Grace P
          Last edited by JMDJSS22; 10-22-2019, 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling correction.

Comment

Dear Experts ,

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
            Grace P

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X