Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complicated H1B situation

Hi,
    I am on H1B right now. I got laid off last January (2009) and filed for a new H1 transfer immediately (with my current employer). Transfer application got rejected in July (2009). I was working with a client till that time. It took us 2 months to figure out other options and I decided to file new H1B with the same company again (in Aug 2009). This time with the client letter and my new application got approved within 7 days. Now when I want to go to India and in process to fill my DS 160, it's asking the question if my US visa ever got rejected, if I say Yes, I have no concrete answer to why I did not leave US after my initial application got rejected in July. Also, since I get paid hourly, I don't have a fixed salary, what do I tell if asked, what's my salary? Not sure what to do? Please advise.
    Last edited by sumitshraddha; 04-11-2010, 09:42 PM.

Your H1 Petition is different from H1 Visa..dont get confused between both....

when you apply for visa they ask for visa which i believe it never happened..so just answer no for the question

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X