Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping questions

Hi,

I am currently working in Los Angeles (California) in US on H1B Visa. I had got my H1B Visa done in Oct 2007, and the stamping was done in Madras(Chennai) US Consulate in India.
    In September 2009, I had changed my employer and hence my H1B Visa was transferred to the new employer. In addition to the transfer, my H1B was also extended till September 2012. I did not travel back to India since then (H1B Transfer). The current stamped H1B Visa on Passport (from the old employer) is valid only till June 19th, 2010. I am coming back to India in May and will be coming back to US in July 1st week.
    I have few questions

1. My first Visa stamping was done from Madras(Chennai) US Consulate, my H1B Visa is already extended till September 2012 but it is not yet stamped on my passport. As I am coming to India in May, i would like to visit to the US Consulate to get the new Visa stamped on my passport. My hometown is Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh) and it would be easier for me to travel to New Delhi US consulate. Please let me know if this is feasible, or I need to go to Madras US Consulate only for the stamping.
    2. I am getting married in May and would like to apply for H4 Visa for my wife. I would like to know if I can get my stamping for H1B and my wife's stamping for H4 be done on the same day ? I hope both can be done from New Delhi US Consulate. Please clarify

Thanks & Regards,
    Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Yes of course you and your wife can go together which makes easy for her too rather going separately carrying all set of docs again n again. You guys can go together for visa stamping. And yes, you can go to delhi consulate.

Comment

Practically, if you are staying in india, while applying for h1, then for stamping, you need to go for specific region based on your current location in india.
      But as you are going from USA, you can visit any consulate in India irrespective of your home state in india.
      [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
      Last edited by milda; 04-12-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X