Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer after expiry

Hi,

I have an approved H1B petition on which I worked for 2.5 years and returned back to India in May 2018. My H1-B visa then was valid till Sept 30th, 2019.

Now (After Oct 1st, 2019) I am applying for jobs back in US. Can my new employer file for a H1-B transfer with my previous petition (expired but on which I have stayed and worked only 2.5 years in the US)?

Or do I have to apply for lottery?

Thanks in advance,
    Krishnan

New employer can file a cap exempt petition. You do not need to go through the lottery again.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I’ll definitely take legal opinion too. But would be nice to have an idea.

Comment

Time spent outside the US counts towards recapture of H1.
        However, it is also my understanding that staying outside the US for 1 or more year, resets the clock and the new H1 is subject to cap gap.
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R78 View Post
          Time spent outside the US counts towards recapture of H1.
          However, it is also my understanding that staying outside the US for 1 or more year, resets the clock and the new H1 is subject to cap gap.
          Can someone clarify on this "staying outside for more than 1 year"part? Does it terminate the petition itself?

Comment

If you are outside US for more than 1 year & don't have an approved I140 your petition might be revoked. You can call USCIS help number or an attorney.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X