Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b transfer

Hi,
    I got my h1b stamped but could not travel due to recession layoffs.Can i transfer & extend (expiring in oct2010)my h1b to an indian compay without the paystubs.How much time does this process take?
    Thanks in advance
    vikram

Yes, you can if the company have valid projects.
    No paystub require as you are in india and you have not worked here on your that h1b. Search on this forum how to transfer.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
    Originally posted by vkrmhj View Post
    Hi,
    I got my h1b stamped but could not travel due to recession layoffs.Can i transfer & extend (expiring in oct2010)my h1b to an indian compay without the paystubs.How much time does this process take?
    Thanks in advance
    vikram

Comment

Thanks Milda for ur reply..will my visa extended for 3 more years if i go for the transfer in INDIA.
      Regards,
      vikram

Comment

Visa is based on the petition. Petition is based on the project ittenary provided to USCIS.

Thanks Milda for ur reply..will my visa extended for 3 more years if i go for the transfer in INDIA.
        Regards,
        vikram
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the info..but my question was:
          In case of h1b transfer from india(never been to USA)..will i receive the petition for another 3 years like my first one which was selected by lottery system and would it be cap-free

Comment

The petition will be CAP free as it is a transfer. Whether you will get another 3 year or not depends on the project itenary provided by your employer. If the project is only for 1 year, then you won't be getting a petition approved for 3 years?

Thanks for the info..but my question was:
            In case of h1b transfer from india(never been to USA)..will i receive the petition for another 3 years like my first one which was selected by lottery system and would it be cap-free
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X