Transfer from F1 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer from F1 to H1

(I had posted below query before but I did not see it in this forum so I am doing it again)

Hi,I had H1b visa got approved for year 2008. As I did not have job for a while. I went back to my country and got admission in another univ and returned on F1 visa.

If I found an employer who wants to hire me, do I have to apply for a new H1b visa or can I get my previous H1b visa reinstated.

If I can reinstate the previous H1b can you please suggest how that works and bear in mind that I do not have my previous employer's pay stubs but I have the original H1b document.

Please advice me quickest as I have a potential job opportunity here.

I would appreciate you great help in this matter
    Thank you...

H1B is always tied up with the employer you work with. If you find a new employer, they will have to file a new petition I-129 for you.

Comment

Is there any one who has got to say any thing on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by gauravhawk View Post
        H1B is always tied up with the employer you work with. If you find a new employer, they will have to file a new petition I-129 for you.
        My question is, do I fall in any quota again like I did when I had applied in year 2008 or I can use my previous H1b that was approved in 2008 and get it transfered like its done during transfer of visa from previous to current? Do I have to wait again for April 2011 as I will not get any OPT until I finish.

I appreciate your help.Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X