Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping status in Kolkata

Hello Fellow members,

I will be in Kolkata in Dec to stamp my visa as part of H1B extension. Have seen many posts from people of Chennai, Mumbai & Delhi but have not seen much details from Kolkata consulate.
    Can people share experiences from the Kolkata consulate? How have the things been lately in terms of delay or approvals?

Thanks.

I have stamping in Kolkata consulate tomorrow - 20th November 9 AM. Will keep you posted

Comment

Here is my experience in Kolkata consulate for my H1B interview. This was my 3rd stamping and work as a FTE in reputed Medical Device Company in USA. No dependents

Fingerprint - 20-Nov-2019 8:30AM - It was uneventful as usual and i was out of VAC in 15 minutes

Visa Interview - 21st Nov 2019 9:00AM

I reached consulate at 8:30 AM and was asked to get inside immediately. Security check was a breeze and entered the main interview area. there were around 11 people in the queue ahead of me. After 15 minutes my turn came

VO - Good Morning. Passport please
      Me - Good Morning sir.

VO - What does your company do?
      ME - answered

VO - What is your role
      ME - Answered

VO - Where does your wife work?
      ME - Answered

VO - Is your kid american citizen?
      ME - Answered

VO - Do you know your rights to work in USA
      ME - Yes Sir

VO - Your visa is approved and you should get your passport back in 2-3 days
      ME - Thank you so much. Have a great Thanks Giving next week

Status changed to "Issued" at 9AM on 22nd November and got a notification at 12:30 PM that my passport is ready for pickup. Collected the passport at 1PM today

Be confident and everything should fall in place
      Last edited by abhishekjha22; 11-22-2019, 06:30 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X