Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish to take a break from work - Best course of action forward

Hello Guys,

Me and my husband both have been working on H1B since December 2015 in the USA.
    I wish to take couple of years off from the work to take care of family.
    I have multiple doubts and queries regarding the next step so thought of asking you guys for advice.
    1. If I resign from my job and convert to H4 on my husband's visa, will I be able to use remaining 2 years of my H1B later ?
    2. Can the conversion be down while I am in the USA or I will have to travel to India to apply for the same.
    3. How much time on average it take for application to approve, is there any premium processing available for this ?
    4. Instead of resigning I can take release from my current project, travel to India, report there and ask for a 2 year leave from HR, If I follow this route who will apply for my H4, My company or my husband's company?
    5. If I follow 4, How Long will I be stuck in India, Can I travel back as soon as I receive receipt for my H4 application ?
    Apologies for long post, lot of questions are going through my mind as I face a uncertain future, please help me with your answers if you can.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X