Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Stamping Date

Hi,
    I am presently in H1B status in US. My 797 is valid upto 19th Sept 2010 and I already have the renewal 797 valid from 20th Sept 2010. My 1st visa stamping was valid till 4th sept 2009 but my I-94 date was still 19th Sept 2010. If I goto India and stamp the visa whether the visa stamping will be valid from the date I take the interview or from the date the 2nd 797 start date? I am planning to return from India in Aug 2010.

AB

If you return before the current visa stamping expires, then there is no need to get the visa stamped. On your return, you can show both the approval notice and you will get an I-94 until the extended petition. However, if you want to go for stamping, then by showing the extended petition, you can get a stamping until the extended petition validity (assuming your passport remains valid for that long).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks For reply.
      My stamping has already expired last year though my 797 and I94 is valid till sept 2010.
      I have the new 797 effective from 20th Sept 2010 to 2013.
      My question was if I go to India and stamp for the renewal 797 then whether the visa will be valid from the date I attain the interview or from the valid date of new 797?

Comment

There is no "valid from" date on the visa. There is only the expiry date. By showing both the approval notices at the POE, you can get an I-94 until the extended petition validity. Just make sure you get the I-94 until the extended petition before you leave the POE.

Originally posted by anjanbasa View Post
        Thanks For reply.
        My stamping has already expired last year though my 797 and I94 is valid till sept 2010.
        I have the new 797 effective from 20th Sept 2010 to 2013.
        My question was if I go to India and stamp for the renewal 797 then whether the visa will be valid from the date I attain the interview or from the valid date of new 797?

Comment

As I don't have a visa for current date, So, I have to go for stamping when in India before I re-enter US. My 1st stamping had a expiry date of 2009 Sept 19th.
          My 1st stamping was issued on 4th sept 2007, but it was mentioned that I am not eligible to travel till 21st Sept 2007.
          If it stays the same in this time interview then I will not be able to be back in US till 20th Sept 2010.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          There is no "valid from" date on the visa. There is only the expiry date. By showing both the approval notices at the POE, you can get an I-94 until the extended petition validity. Just make sure you get the I-94 until the extended petition before you leave the POE.

Comment

That should be because, your petition would have been valid only from that date. You can enter only 10 days prior to the petition validity (Which exactly matches your case).

Originally posted by anjanbasa View Post
            As I don't have a visa for current date, So, I have to go for stamping when in India before I re-enter US. My 1st stamping had a expiry date of 2009 Sept 19th.
            My 1st stamping was issued on 4th sept 2007, but it was mentioned that I am not eligible to travel till 21st Sept 2007.
            If it stays the same in this time interview then I will not be able to be back in US till 20th Sept 2010.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X