Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 & H4 visa appointment

Hi All,

I am planning to go for my H1B visa renewal in the month of May. I am resident of Hyderabad. The slots in Hyderabad are not yet opened for the May month. I am going to get marry on 15th May. So I am planning to book the visa appointment slot for both of us (H1 renewal + H4) in Chennai.

I have few queries regarding this.

1. As both I & my wife are from Hyderabad, is it ok to book appointment jointly in Chennai?
    2. Is it good to appear for the interview as both or to attend as individual applicant?
    3. I have filled two separate DS 160 forms separately and going to submit for Chennai consulate, but while taking appointment can I take the slot at same time? Please confirm.

1. As both I & my wife are from Hyderabad, is it ok to book appointment jointly in Chennai?
    >>> Visa renewals can be taken from any U.S consulate.

2. Is it good to appear for the interview as both or to attend as individual applicant?
    >>> Advisable to go together.

3. I have filled two separate DS 160 forms separately and going to submit for Chennai consulate, but while taking appointment can I take the slot at same time? Please confirm.
    >>> Then you will need to book two separate appointments. Better to add her as your dependent after filling your DS-160. That way, you can attend the interview togther.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

How do I add my wife as dependent in my ds-160?

Also,

Do I need to file another ds-160 in that case?

What about visa fees? will it be just for me or do I have to pay for both the visas?

Thanks.

Comment

Each applicant will need a separate DS-160 and each applicant will need to pay the visa fees. When you selected the family option, after completing your application, the system will prompty you to fill the DS-160 for your dependents.

Originally posted by ujjaval13 View Post
        Also,

Do I need to file another ds-160 in that case?

What about visa fees? will it be just for me or do I have to pay for both the visas?

Thanks.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X