Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 question

Hi All,

I am hoping to get some clarification on DS-160 online submission. I have been trying to schedule an appointment for VISA stamping (H1-B category) at the Hyd consulate, but it seems like there is some facility work going on at that consulate causing delays in appointments during May.

I have already submitted the DS-160 form to the Hyderabad consulate. I need to visit India during the first week of May (came up suddenly ), but can't get an appointment at Hyd.

My question is, can I resubmit that application to a different consulate (say Chennai) or fill a new application and submit it at Chennai? Will it cause any issues like duplicate submission?

TIA.

just call VFS Call center. They will give you the correct alternate.

Comment

You can always fill in your new DS-160 application online any number of times until you schedule your interview. So if you are not getting the interview dates for Hyd consulate, do not panic. Go ahead and fill out another DS-160 and choose Chennai as consulate in that. It will give you a new CEAC number at the end. All what matters is your CEAC barcode number which is given once you submit your application. Use the CEAC barcode number for the new application (chennai consulate) when scheduling your interview with VFS and you should be good to go. You do not have to worry about the hyd DS-160 because if you do not use it's CEAC number for interview scheduling, it won't cause any problems as it is of no use.

I am not an attorney, for legal advise, contact your attorney.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X