Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travelling on h1b

Hi,
    I got h1b stamped in 2007 and my visa is going to expire in sept 2010.The employer(consultant) through whom i filed my h1b is calling me by issuing a letter addressed to the immigration officer(which i will carry along with LCA & I-129) that the concerned person will be working with us.Let him enter and give us a call for any queries.When i ask them the project details,they say that it is confidential.
    1.Will this allow me to enter without any hassles at poe.
    2.Will the gap of two years matter. If yes then what documents do i need to carry.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Vikram Ahuja.

1.Will this allow me to enter without any hassles at poe.
    >>> You need the project details. If your company is a consultancy company, then you also need the client letter. If your company is saying at the project details are confidential, that means, they have no project in hand as of now. They are trying to get you into the country and market you later as every consultancy company does.

2.Will the gap of two years matter. If yes then what documents do i need to carry.
    >>> That doesn't matter.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

travelling on h1b

Thanks for your reply..I just want to know that
      Will the below mentioned letter from the consultancy allow me to enter USA?

Comment

travellig on H1b

Hi,
        Pls.help me with my queries..

Comment

Just a letter from the consultancy is not enough. If the officer at the POE ask you about the project details and the client, and if you don't have an answer, then they might even deport you. So, talk to your company and be prepared.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X