Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b interview in 8th year, what to expect

Hi All,

I'm planning to attend for the H1B visa interview in Feb or March 2020.

My background:

1. Lived in USA since 2007; MS in CS from a Texas university.

2. Currently in Fulltime job and I’m with this current employer since July 2015 and have my labor and I-140 approved.

3. I'm on H1B since Oct 2012 and my current petition is valid until July 2021.

Below are my questions and your valuable inputs will be of great help

1. What should I expect going for a first time stamping in my 8th year of H1B?

2. I have a two year old son (US citizen), Can I take him along with me to the interview? If I can, are any documents needed? Also, can I carry diaper bag or food for him?

3. Should I carry any documents related to my green card? Perm or I-140 approvals?

4. I have labor and I-140 approved from a prior employer as well, should I carry related documents?

5. How many years of W2s should I carry?

6. I have been promoted mid-year this year, and so my current title is different from the one on the LCA (from last year's approval), how should I justify? Would the employment verification letter be sufficient?

7. We will have a yearly hike in Feb each year, and my salary would be different to what I mentioned in DS-160. Would just one recent paystub be sufficient to justify the change?

8. What documents would I need from prior employers? should I take any paystubs? prior approved H1-B copies?

Thank you !!

Sree

Hello all, your inputs will be of great help.
    I have attended my F1 visa in 2007 and this will be the interview I would be attending after 13 years.
    i’m quite tensed and all of the process seems new to me.
    please help!!

Comment

Please help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X