Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lay off on H1b,amendment on RFE

Hi,

I am a direct employee for a company and have a Masters in Industrial Engineering. I am on H1b effective from 2018 Oct and my I-94 is valid till 2021/09. My team was laid off with last working date as 12/31/2019 and we were informed about it in Nov 2019. So, within that time frame I was able to secure a position in other team, in the same premise for the same employer which had a requirement for a person with masters in Industrial Engineering.

An amendment has been filed with USCIS for it on 12/20/2019 with premium processing and I have now recieved an RFE for it with reasons not known yet. If the amendment gets denied, i go out of status again. Do i need to pack my bags and leave US on the very day of decision,in case it is denied ? Can anyone please help me out with what my options can be ?

As long as your I-94 is valid you dont go out of status, no worries there. But when you say sam employer and same premise - why was there a need to file amendment???

Comment

As my job responsibilities have changed a lot, there was an amendment filed for it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X