Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa - No job

Hi
    I have been active on my H1B visa since Jan 1st 2010 but have not been able to find a job. I have been paying the taxes and my employer has been generating my pay slip for the last 4 months. Now I am planning to move to H4 and start looking for jobs again later. I have the following questions:

1. I may have to be on H1B for one more month but cannot afford to pay the taxes. Is it ok if I do not receive the payslip for the last month that I am on H1B? Will it be a problem when I go for H1 transfer etc?

2. My H4 application will be filed only by mid May does it mean that I am on H1B till the date my application is filed or till the date I actually receive my H4 papers?

3. When the transfer of H1B is being done does the company making the transfer check if we have paid our taxes? I know some friends who have payslip but never paid any taxes.. is that ok??

1. You may have problem while moving to H4 from H1. You need 2 or 3 latest pay stubs. Alternative is to exit and reenter on H4.

2. You'll be on H1 until COS approval.

3. No. New employer will not bother.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X