Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 stamping

Hello,

I had a valid h4 visa till april 2009. Later got H1 approved in 2007 till sept 2010. Didnt get a job due to recession.

Meanwhile I had a baby and now I am visiting India to get a new H4 Visa stamping.

What do i mention for the work experience with dates in DS 160 form. I have mentioned "Homemaker" as primary occupation.

Please help ASAP. It will be very helpful.
    PK

You can mention Homemaker. Were you out of status of H1B from Sept 2007?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I dont know abt the status, i didnt run payroll from my employer, dont have paystubs....

Comment

Was your H1B a COS from H4? If yes, then you were out of status on H1B.

Originally posted by preetikale View Post
        I dont know abt the status, i didnt run payroll from my employer, dont have paystubs....

Comment

once i got h1b approved, i didnt apply for change of status.

Comment

Well, in that case you are out of status. This may cause issues.

once i got h1b approved, i didnt apply for change of status.

Comment

But my h1 is valid till sept 2010?? Is there any way i can ans consular... i had a kid....

Comment

Unfortunately they don't care about all that. You should have applied for a COS to H4 immediately or exit the country and re-entered back in H4 to get yourself back into the H4 status. When you are in H1B, you need to be working and getting paid. Otherwise you will be considered out of status.

The chances are, sometimes they would just issue you the H4 without any questions. Sometimes they will ask for the pay slips from H1B to prove that you maintained your previous status correctly. It's in the hands of the VO.

But my h1 is valid till sept 2010?? Is there any way i can ans consular... i had a kid....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X