Change of staus from H4 to J1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of staus from H4 to J1

Hi I am currently on h4 and is going to change my status to J1 as I am going to start residency in July for which hospital only sponsors J1.

I have few questions in regard to it:

1. Should I apply for Change of status from US or should I go back and apply from my home country?

I have to start residency on July 1st. I understand that changing status from US can take long time but chances of rejection is less, Whereas going back to home country and applying from there has high chances of rejection but i can get to know the outcome very soon.

I am worried about chances of rejection from my home country due to couple of reason;

1st is that I am on H4 and i heard that its risky to change into j1.

2nd is that I was put into removal proceedings due to some misunderstanding ( i had applied for change of status from b1 to h4 in us before expiry of i 94 but was waiting for approval. But after few weeks of applying, my I94 got expired . and few days later while traveling within US, I was arrested by ICE on the grounds that I am out of status. But the immigration court had dismissed the case on 1st master calender hearing as I had done everything according to law and had applied before expiry.
    Due to this case I am worried that I can be rejected visa because i was put under removal proceeding though it was terminated.

3rd reason I am worried about rejection is because I got married in my home country and after that I came to US on b1 and later got change of status into h4, and have yet to go to home country for stamping. But now as I got residency I have to apply for j1. so in case I return to Home country I will apply for j1.

So due to this 3 reasons I am little skeptical of going to my home country for applying for Visa?

So after knowing my case whats the best option for me?
    Should I apply for cos here in US or should I go to my home country to apply there? Due to think the reasons mentioned above are valid for rejection?

In case If i apply for cos from US, any idea how much time in real it can take. USCIS website mentions it can take 2.5 months but i heard from few that it can take long and few says less?
    Please I am very tensed and have to make decision by this Monday. Thanks and please if you have any idea do reply. Appreciate it.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X