Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa validity for stamping

Hello,

How many months should a visa be valid if i go for stamping..

Actually my H4 visa expires on Jan 5th can i go for stamping in october? Is there any time limit before i go for stamping?Please advise..

Why would you go for stamping if the visa in the passport is still valid? Usually, stamping is required only if the existing visa has expired and you need a new one to re-enter.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank u...Sorry i forgot to mention i have the extension papers so i have to go for stamping...Just wanted to know if there is any time limit before it gets expired..

Comment

If you have the extension papers and if the current visa is still valid, then while you re-enter you can show both the approval notices and you will get an extended I-94 as the extended petition.

If you want to get the extended petition stamped, then you can do that too (although that is not required)

Originally posted by desitree View Post
        Thank u...Sorry i forgot to mention i have the extension papers so i have to go for stamping...Just wanted to know if there is any time limit before it gets expired..
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X