Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resign after a week

Hi,
    I recently switched jobs to a new employer and they filed for my H-1B. It is not approved yet but we got the receipt acknowledgement. However, a week after working in that place, I am not too fond of work and want to switch jobs again. I need help in how to tackle this situation. This is a small firm and they had to go through legal and other costs to get my H-1B filed and other things.
    How do I resign? What are the implications? Am I expected to work for them for a certain period of time since they filed for my H-1B (there is nothing like this in my employment contract). And whats the best way to resign without pissing them off? Is it ok to say that I want to accept another position which pays much better and is better fit for me. I regret having accepted this position but I really want to get out of this asap.

Please help.

thanks,

Sam

simply tell them to stop the process. There is nothing like they can force you to work for some time.
    [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
    Last edited by milda; 05-06-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

yes but they will have to absorb legal and immigration costs. SHould I refund this to them? I want to make this as painless as possible for both sides. Any suggestions are welcome. Is this a fair reason that I got an offer from another firm with a much better offer?

Comment

Legally h1b cost they need to bear. But if you want to make it smooth, its between you and that employer. You can give the reason that for better prospects you are leaving.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X