Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in Date of Birth and Place of Birth in Passport

Hi,

The date of birth and the place of birth in my indian passport are not the same as in my birth certificate since the information in my passport was taken from my school certificate. I am going to apply for reissue of passport to get the same corrected. However I have a valid H4 visa on my current passport. Should I get a new visa stamped after changing the date of birth and place of birth in my passport. Can I travel with the same visa carrying both the old and new passport?

Regards,
    Esther

You can travel with both the passports as long as the date of birth in the visa and the new passport matches.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

The date of birth in the visa is the same as the date of birth in my current passport. Since the same is not matching with birth certificate I am getting a new passport with my date of birth corrected to my date of birth in birth certificate. Should i get my visa also changed?
      Last edited by estherkoshy; 05-06-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I believe so. Talk to the VFS helpdesk. Please update the forum with your findings.

Comment

sure.

Comment

I contacted the US consulate and they replied saying I have to correct the visa also by applying for a fresh visa when I am outside US.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X