About filing for I-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About filing for I-485

My I140 is approved. To apply for I-485, my employer says that i need to wait for the date to be current. Is it so ? Where can i see the current date ? And also, how to know the date i can apply ?

Please advice.

Yes, you will need to wait until your priority date is open. Check the USCIS website for the current priority date. Your Labor filing date is your priority date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
      Last edited by milda; 05-13-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Yes. But ask your new employer to file Labor + I-140 again and recapture your old priority date while filing for I-485 once it become current.
        [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]

Comment

Out of US, while one wait for the priority date to be opened ?

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Yes, you will need to wait until your priority date is open. Check the USCIS website for the current priority date. Your Labor filing date is your priority date.
          Should one has to be in united states until the priority date is open ? Can i be out of united states for this period ? Please advise.

Comment

Yes. GC is for future employment.

Originally posted by Kudla View Post
            Can i be out of united states for this period ? Please advise.

Comment

Yes. GC is for future employment.
              So can i work in india until my priority date is open, and then come back to US and file for I-485 ?

Comment

Possible. You don't need to come to U.S to file I-485.

Comment

Possible. You don't need to come to U.S to file I-485.
                  Thanks for the update!

I looked into the I485 Inventory for India, and for my filing date i.e. Dec 2007, it shows '0'. What does this mean ? Please advise.

Comment

I recommend that you post this question in the forum dedicated for GC.
                    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Thanks for the update!

I looked into the I485 Inventory for India, and for my filing date i.e. Dec 2007, it shows '0'. What does this mean ? Please advise.

Comment

I recommend that you post this question in the forum dedicated for GC.
                      http://www.immihelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
                      Thanks!

Comment

RFE for 3 Years visa extension on I140 ?

I am about to complete the 6 years of my H1 period in another 3 months. I have got my I140 approved in 2008 and my employer had filed for my visa extension, couple of months back. Now, i get to know there is a RFE. What might have been this on ? Please advise.

Comment

No one can predict. the information about the RFE will be sent to your employer.

I am about to complete the 6 years of my H1 period in another 3 months. I have got my I140 approved in 2008 and my employer had filed for my visa extension, couple of months back. Now, i get to know there is a RFE. What might have been this on ? Please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X