Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1-Urgent please reply!

Hi,

I am L1 Visa and planing to apply for H1 visa this july. I might have to go back to india in the month of July end or August on L1 visa.

1. Can you please let me know when I will come to know if my H1 is approved or rejected if we apply in the month of July( Is that within two weeks or so we can know the H1 status approval status? ) . If approved from when can I start working on my H1 visa is that from Oct 1st or Oct 31st?

2. If my company guys ask me to go back to India in the month of August end, Can I quit my company and stay here for one month ( which means that my company will cancel my L1 visa) and start working on H1 visa ( IF it gets approved and if the start date on H1 is Oct 1st).

Can you please reply to these question, I am kind of stuck in between taking decision how to proceed further.

Thanks in advance!

~R

1. Can you please let me know when I will come to know if my H1 is approved or rejected if we apply in the month of July( Is that within two weeks or so we can know the H1 status approval status? ) .
    >>> You will know before Oct 1st.

If approved from when can I start working on my H1 visa is that from Oct 1st or Oct 31st?
    >>> Oct 1st.

2. If my company guys ask me to go back to India in the month of August end, Can I quit my company and stay here for one month ( which means that my company will cancel my L1 visa) and start working on H1 visa ( IF it gets approved and if the start date on H1 is Oct 1st).
    >>> You can start working on the H1B only from Oct 1st. you will need to be in a valid status until then. Either you will have to be in L1 or you can try and apply for a B1/B2. Otherwise you will have to leave the country, get the H1B stamped and return back in the last week of September or in the month of October.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X