Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company getting acquired

HI,

I recently got an H1B transfered to US company and now that company is getting acquired by another US based company.
    1) How does it affect my H1B?
    2) Do they need to do the LCA and H1B transfer again ?

I am sure the name might change after the acquisition.

Pls suggest!

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for replying.

Adding to that i just recently joined this company X (transferred my H1B and have the payroll started like 2 weeks and now this is getting acquired by company Y) but my old company A , still has my H1B. They ave not canceled my H1B yet.

1) If i need to go back to A, do they need to do the whole LCA/H1B transfer process again.

2) If yes then, how would USCIS would track that i had joined the X company and not left company A.

As the last option i would like to go back to company A.

Pls suggest.

Comment

1) If i need to go back to A, do they need to do the whole LCA/H1B transfer process again.
        >>> If they haven't revoked the H1B, then there is no need for a H1B transfer again as the existing H1B with company A is still valid. However, yu need a new LCA to be filed and approved for the new project and work location.

2) If yes then, how would USCIS would track that i had joined the X company and not left company A.
        >>> All that USCIS care is whether you are maintaining your valid H1B status or not and whether your work is authorized. If you have two approvals, then you can decide whom to work for. USCIS doesn't care about that.

Comment

Thanks a million to clarify.

So what you are saying is that i can have salary/pay stubs from the new employer and can still go back to preious employer as long as the H1B is not revoked by them.

Also if it is the same project do we still need to do the LCA with previous employer? As the LCA by my previous employer was done like 6 months back.

Thanks

Comment

So what you are saying is that i can have salary/pay stubs from the new employer and can still go back to preious employer as long as the H1B is not revoked by them.
            >>> That is correct. However, you can work for only one employer at a time. You cannot get pay checks from both the employer as the second H1B is not filed as a concurrent H1B.

Also if it is the same project do we still need to do the LCA with previous employer? As the LCA by my previous employer was done like 6 months back.
            >>> If there is no material change in the employment, then the same LCA can be used.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X