Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can H1B be transfered after visa stamping

Hi..
    My fresh H1B process is in progress and meanwhile i m getting a good opportunity else where in my own country.
    I want to go through the new employer but the new employer files H1b only after completing 1 year successully in the company.
    Can i change my employer after the H1b visa is stamped by my current employer to the new employer?
    Will there be any issue coz one employer has done all the processing for me and at the end i want to change my employer?

Can i change my employer after the H1b visa is stamped by my current employer to the new employer?
    >>> You can. However, visa cannot be transferred. What gets transferred is the petition. Your new employer will need to file a H1B transfer and it has to get approved for you to travel for them to work in U.S.

Will there be any issue coz one employer has done all the processing for me and at the end i want to change my employer?
    >>> No issues. H1B petition need to be transferred to the new employer for which you will require a copy of the approval notice or the the receipt number from the approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X