No announcement yet.

Refiling H-4 EAD concurrently while having H-4 EAD pending with older employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refiling H-4 EAD concurrently while having H-4 EAD pending with older employer

Hello,
    I wanted to seek your advice on H-4 EAD application. I have recently found a new employer who is initiating my H-1 B transfer and will either be filed next week. My spouse’s H-4 EAD is set to expire in July end.

My questions are as follows
    1. Should we file H-4 EAD standalone with my existing I-797? ( valid till dec 2021)
    2. Should we wait for attorneys to file H-1, H-4 and H-4 ead in concurrent filing.

Or both 1 and 2 can be done without issue?

My attorneys are not giving me straight forward yes/no answer on this one.

I understand there could be delays in the concurrent filing, but the goal is to get H-4 EAD approved without break in employment.

Please let me know your thoughts on this

Thank you!!

Hi, I am somewhat in the same situation. Did you find out an answer for this?
    As for me, my H1B ends on 31 April 2020, so does spouse H4 EAD.
    I have an opportunity for H1B Transfer now with a new employer. Should I rather just initiate the H-1 transfer, H-4 and H-4 ead in the concurrent filing with this new employer, OR,
    do I submit the same with my current employer as well and hope either of them goes through and wait for whichever gives me longer approval.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X