Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 ....differing i20...help

hi ,

i am currently on my h4 visa i took admission in a university recieved the i20 for summer & sent my COS to the embassy few days back. but the problem is i cant join the summer sem right now due to personal reasons & am planning to differ it to the fall semester but since ive already sent the COS & if it gets accepted then will become out of status as i havent joined the college yet? or at the time of the interview i can show my new falll i20 ?

talk to USCIS and see if the application for the COS can be revoked or not. If that is not possible, then immediately upon receiving the COS, file for a COS to H4 again or alternatively, you can leave the country and return back in H4 which will put you back in H4 status.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

but i dont want to return to f1 status as i can process my cpt till then if i get my f1 status .what i want to know is is it ok change my status & join in the fall or will that make me out of status

Comment

That will make you out of status.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X