221g Administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g Administrative processing

My H1b visa interview was done on February 19,2020. VO told application needs additional administrative processing and took client letter , lca and original i797 and gave small white slip . On March 3, 2020 received an email to collect passport , gave back my passport with original i797 and white slip with the option additional administrative processing required marked . Worried about timeline of my visa getting approved . How many months could it take ?

Most cases get resolved ~4-6 weeks. You can check timelines on cases similar to yours at the tracker page on this website. Look for 221g

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My vendor or client haven't received any verification email and also I haven't received any email for additional documentation other than the client letter and LCA documents that they took on the day of my interview. Last updated date also haven't changed. I called Hyderabad embassy and they told they are still processing 221g applications.

Comment

Have you received any response?

Comment

Originally posted by auebfsvk View Post
          My H1b visa interview was done on February 19,2020. VO told application needs additional administrative processing and took client letter , lca and original i797 and gave small white slip . On March 3, 2020 received an email to collect passport , gave back my passport with original i797 and white slip with the option additional administrative processing required marked . Worried about timeline of my visa getting approved . How many months could it take ?
          Hi Member,
          Normally administrative processing will take some time and there is no time frame for adjudicating.. it depends on verification. For some applicants, it took over years too.

By the way, have you got any response from consulate? Have you achieved?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X