X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renewal and VISA stamping Query

Good Afternoon,

My question is to clarify my doubts with my case:

I have an approved AP and EAD valid until October of 2010, but i am not using either of them because i am working on H1B status for my employer.

Now my H1b is up for renewal as its expiring in July 2010 and I intend to renew it by attending the consulate of US in matamoros.

so my question is god forbid if some thing wrong happens with my H1b visa stamping process, can i still re-enter back into USA using my AP and start working on my EAD or do i altogether lose my status and have to leave for the UK(home country). Please kindly help me with your valuable accurate information.

and

I was wondering if any of the individuals within this forum have attended MAtamoros consulate for H1B renewal recently? If yes please kindly provide your feedback on your experience.

Your time and information are highly appreciated.

cheers

You can re-enter U.S with your AP if your visa is rejected. However, I am not sure why you have to leave U.S to get your visa stamped. If you have no reason to leave U.S, then just apply for the H1B extension based on your pending I-485. Visa stamping is required only if you had to leave U.S for some reason and then if you want to re-enter.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thank you so much for your valuable information. The reason why i wanted to go out of US to get stamped is i intend to travel to Swiss later this year and and during that time i wouldn't want to be challenged with the stamping issue.

By any chance have you got a feed back on the matamoros consulate experience?

once again thanks for your time and effort.

cheers

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X