Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-539-Change of Status to H4- Field: Effective Date of Change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539-Change of Status to H4- Field: Effective Date of Change.

I'm currently on H1B filing I539 for a change of status to H4.

What should be entered in the following 2 fields :
    1) What is the effective date of change?

2) What date are you requesting your current or requested status be extended until?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
    Here is my response.
    1) What is the effective date of change?
    Answer: You will need to specify from which date you need change of status request. For example, you can mention next day of current H1B expires.
    2) What date are you requesting your current or requested status be extended until?
    Answer: It must be based on H1B holder status expiry date. Please note, you should not consider your H1B Approval rather you must consider base H1B approval under whom you are going to do change of status.
    Thanks

Comment

My Wife wants to change status from F-1 to H-4. Her F-1 OPT ends in May 2024. We want her status to change to H-4 with EAD starting Feb 2024.

I-539 instructions say that
      """
      Change of Status. Part 2., Item Number 3.b. of the application, select the date you want your change of status to occur on. If approved, your change of status will occur on the date your current nonimmigrant status ends, the date of approval, or the requested date, whichever occurs later.
      ​"""

We are confused about the "whichever occurs later" part. If we select the date of change of status as 02/01/2024 and it gets approved anytime before May 2024, what will be the effective date on which change of status will occur? Will it be still May 2024 or will it be selected date?​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X