Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B situation beyond 6 years during COVID-19 situation

Hi,
    My H1b visa is going to reach 6 years mark by the end of July. My perm is filed in the month of December. I am not sure if it would come through in time or not. I have a couple of questions around this:

1. If my perm doesn't come through, is there a preemptive step that I can take for the situation if covid situation doesn't come in control by then?
    2. If the perm gets approved, what kind of step would be recommended in this situation?

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    I know it is late response, and for now you would have been in different situation. But, this answer will help others who may meet this kind of scenario.
    1. If my perm doesn't come through, is there a preemptive step that I can take for the situation if covid situation doesn't come in control by then?
    Answer: Unfortunately no. But, if your PERM is pending for more than 365 days then you can request for 7th year H1B.
    2. If the perm gets approved, what kind of step would be recommended in this situation?
    Answer: As I stated above, PERM must be pending for 365 days to request one more year of H1B Approval. If not, In this scenario, you can leave country for a while and once you get I-140 Approval you can file H1B Ext for three years.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X