H1b transfer to new employer during covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer to new employer during covid-19

I am on H1B visa and currently working as a Full Time Employee for an Employer A at Arizona and i got an offer from Employer B in a different state and my H1B transfer got approved. Now, due to the COVID-19 lockdown, the hiring for the new employees is being done virtually and i will be working from Arizona location after joining but my job location as per the approved petition for Employer B is different state. Employer B will be filing a H1B Amendment as i will be starting to work from a different location to that of approved petition. As the premium processing is currently suspended, the Amendment will be filed under general category. I will have to join Employer B while the H1B Amendment is in progress. Please let me know if that is fine. Also, what to know if something goes wrong with the H1B Amendment, does the original approved petition would still be valid?.

could someone please provide response.

Comment

These are extraordinary circumstances.
      Since you already filed and got the H1 receipt, you can start working remotely.
      The company should file an amendment at the earliest so you can continue to work remotely till the situation gets better.
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X