Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on current H1 Extension ; H1 Transfer in process

Hi,

My I-94 and H1B Visa with company A is expiring on 17th June 2010. Company A applied for my H1 extension on 12th April 2010. Meanwhile, I got an offer from Company B and Company B applied for my H1b transfer on 26th May 2010. I got an RFE for the H1B extension by Company A on 28th May 2010.

Questions

- Can I start working for Company B ? Company B just has the fedex receipt. The receipt notice for the H1 transfer is not received yet.
    - If Company A withdraws the H1 extension, will I go out of status ?

Thanks in Advance.
    ~B

- Can I start working for Company B ? Company B just has the fedex receipt. The receipt notice for the H1 transfer is not received yet.
    >>> You need the receipt notice to start working for Company B. FexEx receipt is not enough.

- If Company A withdraws the H1 extension, will I go out of status ?
    >>> No. It will take some time for USCIS to process the H1B revoke. In the mean time, if you receive the receipt notice, then you are all good until a decision is been made on your petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. I'm little confused because my attorney is saying that the Fedex receipt is enough for joining the new employer legally.
      Last edited by bevi06; 06-02-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

FedEx receipt is just the delivery confirmation. USCIS will send you a receipt only when they accept your application for transfer. Until your application is accepted by USCIS, you cannot legally work for that employer. It hardly takes a week to get the receipt notice.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X