H1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b

Last year my employer filed for an H1 B visa for me and I got through.
    I did not enter the US on this H1 B visa, I got married and took a few months off and accompanied my husband on an H4 (my husband is on an H1B).
    I have the option to start working with my ex-employer by transferring my H4 visa to the H1B i had got last year. But the job requires me to relocate to another city.
    I would greatly appreciate if you could share information on transferring my existing H1B visa to a new employer...IF I find a job with a new employer will it be possible for me to use the H1B visa I got last year as in a direct transfer to H1B without having to work 3 months with my ex-employer?
    As a last resort if I have to work for my ex-employer to be able to activate my H1B how long do I need to work for them?
    I realise my situation will seem complex and would really appreciate your help.

Regards,
    MJ

You case will not be considered as a transfer. It is a new petition on the existing CAP. There is no much difference between a transfer and a new H1B. If you have a copy of the existing H1B approval notice, then the new employer can file an H1B petition using the same CAP. 3 months of play slips are required only if were on H1B status before.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1b

So does that mean that as long as I am able to find a new employer willing to sponsor my H1B, I can use the existing H1B without having to work for the ex employer who had filed it?

Comment

You cannot use the existing H1B petition to work for a different employer. A new employer can file an H1B petition on your behalf using the existing CAP. Like mentioned earlier, pay slips are required only if you were in H1B status before. If not, pay slips are not required.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X