L1B to H1B COS Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B COS Questions

I am currently working for Company A on L1 B ( Approved Jan 2010) and I cam to US with my Wife on Mar, 2008 . I am having the Visa Validity till Jan 2011.
    Currently I have applied for a L1 to H1 COS for me and L2 to H4 for my Wife through Company A.
    Once this gets approved which might be end of this month as it was filed by Premium Processing my COS will be effective Oct 1 , 2010.

Now my questions are -
    1. Do I have to notify DMV abt this COS for renewing the Driving License by Oct 1 2010 ?
    2. Which I-94 gets effective after Oct 1 , 2010 ? is it the one in the H1 Approval Petition or the one which is currently affixed on my Passport on L1 status ?
    What should be the validity for the I-94 Affixed with the H1-B COS Approved Petition ? Will it be Normal 3 Years duration i.e. till Sep 2013 ?
    When I travel to India on Jan 2011 which I-94 do I have to surrender ?
    and which one If I travel to India on Sep 2010 ?

3. Can I go to Canada or Mexico to get the H1B stamped after Oct 1 , 2010 ? Or do I have to travel to India to do so ?

4. If now after the L1 to H1 COS is approved for Company A and I now apply for Company B lets say on July mid 2010 will it be a COS again to be filed by Company B ? Or It will be a new H1B Petition which will be counted under the H1B CAP?

5. Can I join the Company B immediately after this H1B petition filed by Company B gets approved by August ? Or do we have to wait till Oct 1 2010 to join ?

Thanx in Advance

Andy

1. No
    2. Latest I-94. Validity is that of H1. Surrender all I-94s all the time.
    3. Anywhere is okay
    4. Yes it'll be COS, until your H1 is approved
    5. H1 is valid only from Oct 1st, hence you've to wait.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X