query on DS160- previous US travel section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• query on DS160- previous US travel section

"I have a question regarding one of the questions of DS160. I am currently planning to attend for L1 visa interview. I attended a H1 visa interview on Dec 31,2007 throgh company A and was given 221g form. But, I could not applied/answered the same as my employer A could not provide the required documents.
    But now, I am currently planning to attend for L1 visa interview through company B.
    Do I need to keep "Yes or No " for below red coloured 2 questions?
    -----------------
    Previous US Travel
    -------------------
    1)Have you ever been refused a US Visa
    Mention YES or NO as applicable (if yes, enter details of ALL THE EARLIER REFUSALS & TYPE OF VISA'S
    --------------------------------
    2)Have you ever been ten-printed (i.e, whether BioMetric Finger printing has been taken by US Consulate)
    Mention YES or NO as applicable
    ----------------------

1) No (221g is not visa refusal. it's request for addition documents/evidence etc)
    2) No

Comment

query on DS160

are you sure of this. some people are confusing . please check the below link

Comment

Go through the link once again. It clearly states that "Even if the visa is refused under section 221g because of missing documents". You haven't been refused the visa yet as the consulate is waiting for you to submit the documents. You can answer "No" to this question if the previously received 221g doesn't say that your visa is refused under so and so section. You will end up answering yes/no to this question everytime you apply for a visa. It is better to have your records clear. If you cannot submit the documents (listed in 221g) for the H1B visa any longer, then get your visa application back before they reject the visa.

221(g) visa refusal:
        "Your blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)(ii)(D) and INA 101(a)(15)(L)".

Originally posted by hkrishna2010 View Post
        are you sure of this. some people are confusing . please check the below link

https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-ds-...l-information/
        Last edited by shervin143; 06-08-2010, 10:33 AM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X