Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Hi there,

I have shifted from company A to company B, I got my H1 Petition approved with an extension of my H1 for 3 more years. My dependents petition is still not applied. We have a valid visa till end of Sept 2010. We are planing to go to India sometime next month and return by August first week. My question is -

1. Do I need to go for re-stamping?
    2. Does processing the new petition for my Dependents cause any problems while travelling to india?
    3. If I need to go for restamping can I take my dependents also for a re-stamping?

Thanks in advance.
    JM

1. Do I need to go for re-stamping?
    >>> Did you read the FAQ? Stamping is not required if you move from one employer to another. Visa stamping is required only if the current visa in the passport has or will be expired by the time you return back.

2. Does processing the new petition for my Dependents cause any problems while travelling to india?
    >>> You don't need to process the extensions for your dependents if you are travelling outside the country. Upon your return, you and your family will get an I-94 until your extended petition expiry date. If for any given reason, they don't get an i-94 until your petition expiry date, then you will need to file for their extension immediately.

3. If I need to go for restamping can I take my dependents also for a re-stamping?
    >>> Stamping is not necessary if you all have valid visas until your return date. However, if you want to get your extended petition stamped, then you all can go for stamping together. It is advisable to go together instead of going separarely.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X