Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b, L1b, H1b

Hi,

I had H1B from company A and traveled to US using that. Then I went back to India and joined another company B. My H1b was valid till Oct, 2008 and my new company B did not transfer the H1B. Later I came to US from company B on L1B and currently in US with that L1. While L1 stamping at the consulate, they cancelled my old H1B with "cancelled without prejudice".

My question is - can I somehow reuse my old H1B in US? for example, can my current company B utilize the H1 while I am in USA or can I join back to my old company A (or any other company) using that H1? If yes, what are the steps?

Please advise.

Thanks a lot in advance!

H1 transfer can only happen when you are in US and should happen before you join another company. Since you shifted to company B when in India, there is no way company B could have transferred your H1.

Anyway, now your H1 is invalid whether company A or B.

Comment

Yes, you can use that H1.
      Ask your new employer to file for H1 using that receipt number.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your response! could you please advise a few more things?

1. My current L1 is expiring early next year. So can my current employer use this old H1?
        2. Will I be considered under 65K cap?
        3. Can it be done any time of the year or it will be effective only from Oct like new H1.

Thanks again!

Comment

can anyone help/suggest, please?

Comment

can anyone plssssssssssssss help?

Comment

Your new employer (or any employer for that matter), can file a cap-exempt petition for you any time as long as total time spent in the US in H1+L1 is less than 6 years.
              This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X