Martial Status change before stamping or approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martial Status change before stamping or approval

My application for H1b COS petition USCIS got filed in end of May, 2020 and my F1 OPT expires during first week of September 2020 which is before October 1 when H1b starts. I am going to apply for Stem-opt or Cap-Gap so thats not a problem.

I am planning to marry in July/August/ early September and my fiancée (who works for other company) also got her H1B lottery picked-up this time and her H1B COS petition application is also filed recently. Do we need to modify the current H1B application petition due to marriage / changed married status? What if I get approval before marriage and if she gets approval after marriage. We both has filed martial status single in petition data collected by Fragomen.

We don’t want to apply H4 for any of us as both got H1B selected and would like to continue with separate H1B application. Also I would be able to go back to India only in 2021 seeing the COVID scenario for stamping, during the stamping what is the process and would marriage status change affect it?

Does cap-gap or stem-opt application also asks question about marital status? Any recommendations?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X