Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Travel with COS approved

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Travel with COS approved

    With an approved H1B visa (to take effect October 1st), and an expired F1 OPT EAD, I can travel abroad as long as I return after Sept 21st with a visa stamp from a consulate. Can I still be employed during this period that I am away, or will the company need to fire and rehire me?

  • #2
    You will need to apply for and get the visa stamp at a US consulate first (only within 90 days of the I-797 start date)
    You can only enter the US 10 days before the start date mentioned on the I-797
    You cannot be employed by the company before the start date on your I-797 unless you have a valid EAD.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.