Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Dependent Visa Interview Location Change

Hello All,
    I have applied for H4 visa as my wife is in US on H1B. i have filled DS 160 form for the location kolkata. now when i am trying to select appointment dates i am getting all the locations options. my question is can we select a interview location other than what we selected while filling DS 160 form? currently i have not selected any location/dates.
    Also how is Kolkata Consulate in terms of availability?
    Thanks for your response.
    Regards,
    Ashish

Yes, you can choose another consulate after filling the DS160 (no need to fill a new form). All DS160 forms are stored in the Dept of State database and any consulate can access the data from the barcode of the completed DS160 form.
    Regarding availability at a particular consulate, you should pay the fees and look up appointments.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Yes. you can opt for the location where you see an availability.

Comment

Yes you should be fine. I have filed "Mumbai" as by DS160 location and then taken appointment where i got it earlier due to time constraints before.

Are you able to get appointments now ? i thought the embassy were closed. Also, are you aware of the trump's executive order for h1/h4 visa ? If you are able to get an h4 visa stamped can you let me know ? My wife is currently in india and she needs also a h4 visa. She is waiting for embassy to open

Comment

you can choose the spot where there is space.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X