H1B Visa stamping from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa stamping from Canada

I had received an H1B approval last year (filed by Company A).
    I got married and travelled to the US on an H4 visa as I was going to take a break for a few months.
    Now when I am planning to rejoin Company A, what is the easiest way to get am H1B visa?
    1. Should I use the unused H1B filed by them last year? I have the 797 and all other paper work just need to get the H1B stamped onto my passport.
    2. Should Company A apply for a new H1B for me?

Since the H1B from last year is not activated but still valid, Company A has recommended I travel to Canada and get the H1B stamped and re-enter...I am not convinced if this can be done in Canada or if it requires a trip back to my home country?

I would really appreciate a response.

I had received an H1B approval last year (filed by Company A).
    I got married and travelled to the US on an H4 visa as I was going to take a break for a few months.
    Now when I am planning to rejoin Company A, what is the easiest way to get am H1B visa?
    1. Should I use the unused H1B filed by them last year? I have the 797 and all other paper work just need to get the H1B stamped onto my passport.
    2. Should Company A apply for a new H1B for me?

Since the H1B from last year is not activated but still valid, Company A has recommended I travel to Canada and get the H1B stamped and re-enter...I am not convinced if this can be done in Canada or if it requires a trip back to my home country?

I would really appreciate a response

---- In all probability you may have to travel to your home country to get a visa stamped on your Passport. Getting a visa in Canada is only a chance and instead the US Consulate my ask you to go to your home country to get the visa. In whcih case you will not be able to return to the US

---- Alternately, you can apply for a COS from H4 to H1 if you wish to continue to stay in the US. It takes about 3-4 months for the process to be completed. Of course it is better to join the employer only after you receive confirmation of the COS

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X