Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline on getting the GC

Hello Friends:

I need to confirm on the time-line for GC through EB2.

(a)Is it like the approx. timeline for people getting filed by EB2 is around 5 years from filing of LABOR ?????.
    The current priority date shows FEB 05, so all who filed their LABOR by FEB 05will be able to file I-485 now, and how much time does it take to get I-485 approved( I guess 6 months), say I-485 is approved and from then HOW MUCH TIME IT COSUMES TO GET THE GREEN CARD.

(b)Where does the difference in timeline for EB2 and EB3 happen, I am sure LABOR AND I-140 timeline dosen't change for EB2/EB3...Is the only difference is the PRIORITY DATE given by USCIS?????

(c)I heard few years back USCIS suddenly came up with announcements, such that all the applicants got their PRIORITY DATE as CURRENT and were able to file I-485. Is this a common thing that usually happens, once in a while when some changes in immigration reforms come up.

Please give your inputs.

Thanks,

I need to confirm on the time-line for GC through EB2.

(a)Is it like the approx. timeline for people getting filed by EB2 is around 5 years from filing of LABOR ?????.

The current priority date shows FEB 05, so all who filed their LABOR by FEB 05will be able to file I-485 now, and how much time does it take to get I-485 approved( I guess 6 months), say I-485 is approved and from then HOW MUCH TIME IT COSUMES TO GET THE GREEN CARD.

---- The approval of I-485 is the Green Card. There are no more stages after that

(b)Where does the difference in timeline for EB2 and EB3 happen, I am sure LABOR AND I-140 timeline dosen't change for EB2/EB3...Is the only difference is the PRIORITY DATE given by USCIS?????

---- The difference between EB2 and EB3 is the definition of the job requirement by the employer at the time of applying for LC

(c)I heard few years back USCIS suddenly came up with announcements, such that all the applicants got their PRIORITY DATE as CURRENT and were able to file I-485. Is this a common thing that usually happens, once in a while when some changes in immigration reforms come up.

---- Do not expect such miracles. Everyone learns from mistakes> Similarly USCIS will be wise enough the next time around

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you subramanya for your immediate response....

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X